About Me

My photo
I am very new to Bikram yoga and have really come to fall in love with the practice. I am excited to share my Bikram experiences as I challenge myself to new heights of self-awareness and strength...through sweating in the heat. I am an RN in Baltimore who also loves to enjoy food, travel, experience music and dance...after a weekend of that, Bikram is a necessity! For me, Bikram is a natural Red Bull and the key to the best night's sleep you've ever had (also the best Booty sculptor known to man). If you are an anomalous yogi like me or just want some honest feelings on starting the practice, read my blog! Enjoy!

Monday, March 5, 2012

I think I got it now

After the crappy class I had last Thursday, I was scared to go back Friday, so instead of Friday class, I went grocery shopping all morning and went to happy hour and a friend's show on Friday night.  My body, surprisingly, was ready to party, but not to imbibe.  That was a first, but I was able to wake up earlllly on Saturday for the 9am class.  Henri was the teacher and I love him!  He doesn't talk too much and he really speaks only when necessary.  He was awesome and I felt like I did so awesome on Saturday and today!  I was really getting into all the bends.  Today, my face touched my knee with no effort at all, and I was able to hold standing head-knee the entire pose!  All the extensions felt great, and I didn't feel like I was burning throughout the entire class.  I actually felt comfortable, is that weird?

On a side note, I'm watching Burlesque and I really can't finish this entry right now, because live singing and dancing is my jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment