About Me

My photo
I am very new to Bikram yoga and have really come to fall in love with the practice. I am excited to share my Bikram experiences as I challenge myself to new heights of self-awareness and strength...through sweating in the heat. I am an RN in Baltimore who also loves to enjoy food, travel, experience music and dance...after a weekend of that, Bikram is a necessity! For me, Bikram is a natural Red Bull and the key to the best night's sleep you've ever had (also the best Booty sculptor known to man). If you are an anomalous yogi like me or just want some honest feelings on starting the practice, read my blog! Enjoy!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hot weather = no hot yoga :(

Whenever I work night shift, I get super ambitious and think I can do tons of things during the day because I am not technically working during the day.  I always plan to go ot the gym or run, or go to yoga once I get home, before I settle for bed.  On Monday I went to an evening class and then I planned to come to yoga every morning for the 9:30 class, and I have been 0 for 3 so far.  I don't even have to work tonight, but instead of going to yoga like I planned, I decided to go to brunch with my fave work girls since we were all on our last night.  Whomp.  I even planned everything out so that around 4 am-ish I'd eat my oatmeal so it would hold me over until after yoga.  I ate, but I did not go to yoga because by the end of my shift, my body just knew that I am weak and will always choose my bed (or more food) over suffering the heat.  I do know that once I'm in class I love it (love is termed loosely here) but its soooo hard to get there.

Spring shopping has gotten the best of me, too!  I feel like my credit card company should send me a thank you note!  Since its been bordering 80 degrees everyday this week, I've been loving the weather, and of course am realizing I absolutely need more spring wear.  And clothes for Miami next week, and clothes for work meetings, and clothes for sitting on my couch in the springtime.  And duh, shoes to match them.  Then, when I finished perusing the clothes, I got to the "activewear" and realized I need more yoga clothes because I now launder sweaty clothes 3 times a week versus when I used to do laundry twice a month.  Mann I went crazy in that store because they had the cute booty shorts with the drawstrings that I've been obsessed with since I realized they existed.  And might I say my butt looks pretty good in the booty yoga shorts, after only a month.  Holla!  But imagine what it would look like if I had gone 3 more times this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment