About Me

My photo
I am very new to Bikram yoga and have really come to fall in love with the practice. I am excited to share my Bikram experiences as I challenge myself to new heights of self-awareness and strength...through sweating in the heat. I am an RN in Baltimore who also loves to enjoy food, travel, experience music and dance...after a weekend of that, Bikram is a necessity! For me, Bikram is a natural Red Bull and the key to the best night's sleep you've ever had (also the best Booty sculptor known to man). If you are an anomalous yogi like me or just want some honest feelings on starting the practice, read my blog! Enjoy!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday: Day of Rest or Yoga fail!

Fine, I'll say it: I'm such a punk for skipping out on yoga today! I'm such a lazy f*ck sometimes...I was suuuper tired after work this morning. I thought for half-a second that I could make it to class, and seriously, all night I was planning on the 9am class, but my eyes were so dry...night shift is so awful to the body. So, I thought: there's another class at 4, so I'll rest and go later. I also still felt like I couldn't possibly stretch my muscles enough.

Later came and my alarm was a rude awakening at 3pm. I kind of effed around in my room for awhile and started looking for a yoga outfit to wear. But then it came to be 3:45 and I was like, Dang, its too late now to go (they lock the doors to class promptly at 4). So I plopped on the couch and watched Oscar red carpet coverage on E! with Colleen. Ten minutes later, of course, since my only plans for the day came and went, I went back to sleep till 7pm, after which now I am WIDE AWAKE! My body feels great and I don't feel anymore soreness. It was like a fairy came and sucked all the pain out of my body. So I had a salad, did some pushups, ate some pineapples and kettle corn, and am obsessed with the Oscars. Sunday yoga fail! The worst part is that I'm working Monday-Wed day shift, so I can't make any classes till Thursday:( Sigh...c'est la vie

No comments:

Post a Comment